Instagram Open Call for PhotoEast 2018
Win the opportunity to have your work exhibited at the second PhotoEast photography festival 24 May – 24 June 2018. Submit a photographic response to the theme of Belonging via Instagram #ibelong18.
All images will appear in a live gallery at www.photoeast.co.uk and a selection of the best images, as judged by Fiona Shields, Head of Photography at The Guardian, will be exhibited in the ‘On the Fence’ exhibition at the month-long festival. Winners will also have the opportunity to discuss their work with Fiona at the festival opening weekend, Saturday 26 May 2018.
Post your photo on your account with #ibelong18 and a short caption to describe the image using Belonging is…… and follow @photoeastuk.
Open Call Guidelines:
- The PhotoEast Open call website page will be curated from photographs with the #ibelong18 posted on Instagram. All photographs shown on the PhotoEast site will remain the property of the photographer/originator of the image and he/she will retain complete control over how their images are used. If an image is chosen to be exhibited at the 2018 PhotoEast festival we will contact the photographer for permission to use their image.
- PhotoEast Open Call open to anyone aged 13 years or over.
- Photos can be taken on any kind of device; analogue, digital camera, smartphone, etc.
- Photos must be uploaded to your personal instagram account including the hashtag #ibelong18.
- Submitted photos must include a brief summary explaining how they relate to the #ibelong18 theme using the intro: Belonging is…..
- You must follow @photoeastuk. We will be contacting those selected for exhibition via Instagram.
- Entries must be published by midnight Friday 4 May to be considered for exhibition at the PhotoEast festival.
- Photos that contain explicit or inappropriate content will not be accepted as part of the open call. By extension your photos should comply with Instagram’s ‘Community Guidelines’. PhotoEast is not responsible for any action Instagram takes if your photo does not adhere to the guidelines. All photos that appear on the PhotoEast website will be moderated by PhotoEast.
Scotland/England border from the Border Walks series. © Giulietta Verdon-Roe